Environment Technology currently has one job vacancy for a Wastewater Engineer.
Wastewater / Environmental Engineer – On-Site Wastewater Treatment
Status: Full Time Permanent
Environment Technology is the NZ distributor of AES wastewater treatment systems and Salcor UV disinfection system components to installers around New Zealand. The successful applicant would design and technical support to engineering consultancies, on-site wastewater designers, council officers, installers and the public New Zealand wide. You will be joining a fast growing company with high quality products tested in NZ and internationally that achieve the highest standards.
We are looking for a graduate or intermediate engineer preferably with microbial and biochemical process knowledge. Experience with drainage and water reticulation project construction is an advantage. Your expertise will add to our existing technical team. You must have New Zealand working experience.
The position is based in our sunny Nelson suburban office with all the attractions of this province nearby e.g. mountains, fresh and salt water, national parks, extensive mountain biking networks, cycle tracks etc.
Environment Technology provides excellent design and product support for equipment that has a positive effect in minimising environmental effects of the use of water resources. Our products provide solutions with a minimum of both embodied and operational energy and with low maintenance requirements.
Job benefits include
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary
- Being part of a growing company a committed team
- A wide variety of tasks
- Opportunities to develop your career with external training through conferences, training courses and mentoring from other professionals and the experience of hands-on civil engineering contractors.
- Environment Technology are members of Water NZ and NZ Land Treatment Collective.
- The opportunity to become a shareholder in the future.
The preferred requirements for this position are
- You are a NZ resident
- You possess a tertiary qualification in Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- You have experience with the design of on-site water treatment infrastructure
- Detailed design experience with these projects
- You are familiar with the project management process and the delivery of infrastructure projects in NZ
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with council rules and NZ standards relating to wastewater and stormwater infrastructure and with Building and Resource Consent applications
- The ability to scope and prepare proposals and budget costings for client wastewater treatment solutions
- Relationship and team building skills for working alongside our engineers and wastewater designers.
To apply: Send your cover letter and CV to Hazel Pearson firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to discuss confidentially, email Hazel or phone on 020 4000 5325